I’m Giovanni merlos Mellini and this is my personal blog.
I’m the founder and president of Cyber Saiyan a no profit organization I founded together with other friends in December 2017.
Since 2018 we organize RomHack a cyber security conference held yearly in Rome.
I occasionally speak on public community events, schools and universities:
- Cyber Saiyan Live (April 2021) Hands [off|on] MS cloud services (slides) [italian] – I spoke about cloud hunting methodologies and architecture
- Rev3rse Security Live (December 2020) You take the blue pill… and I show you how deep defense goes (slides) [italian]
- Codemotion Rome 2019 Lifecycle of a security incident: from detection to response (slides and video)
- RomHack 2018 Cyber Saiyan – Live Demo [italian]
- Italian Hacker Camp IHC 2018 La condivisione delle informazioni, uno strumento efficace per la detection degli eventi di sicurezza [italian]
- Università di Pisa La difesa, un approccio pratico alla detection usando strumenti di info sharing [italian]
- Liceo “Francesco Redi” Arezzo Tecniche di attacco e di difesa – La Protezione [italian]
- BSides Rome 2018 Building an Effective Info Sharing Community [italian]
- HackInBo 2017 Spring edition L’evoluzione del SOC di un’infrastruttura critica [italian]
I had my Internet glory days when I hacked a BT Low Energy (BLE) butt plug.
Sometimes I write about open source, security and boring stuff on this blog.
You can send me a secure email to giovanni [dot] mellini [at] protonmail [dot] com using my public PGP signature available here.